Web design can be fun… when you’re doing something new, making progress, and getting good results.
I spent the last couple of days re-designing the SwordSearcher website. It was overdue for an update — it still had a “2004” kind of feel to it. It was a nice change of pace from coding and doing Uncle Sam’s paperwork.
For the curious: I used Adobe Illustrator, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and Dreamweaver.
Another note: I updated Forge (a module build tool for SwordSearcher) to 2.0 earlier this week. It now automatically finds verse references for hyperlinking in the SwordSearcher display panels and the Verse Guide, so it’s no longer necessary to pre-tag verse references or rely on a third party program to do it. It even handles chapters written in roman numerals. The next update to SwordSearcher will incorporate the same verse parsing system for the in-program module editing features. Stay tuned…